Giant lidded cubes make great side table lamp; have plenty of storage inside to hide away toys or newspapers etc.
The lounge is one of the most frequently used rooms in the house and a focal point for family activity – but it can also be a magnet for clutter. Here are my six top tips to bring order back to your chaotic living room:
1. Decluttering your lounge can be a daunting task, so focus on one small space at a time.
2. Each item in your lounge is another object to clean, so if you’re not using it, get rid of it. Items such as old books, out of date magazines and old videos or DVDs should be the first to go.
3. Give everything in your lounge a suitable home. For example, use deep storage spaces for bulky items, and group items by association.
4. Start to containerise, finding space-saving storage solutions for living room items, such as magazine racks, media units, remote control tidies and baskets.
5. When buying new furniture, consider items that encompass storage capabilities, such as coffee tables that incorporate shelving or storage cubes that can be used as side-tables. (Check out our range of shelving including elfa)
6. Once you have turned your lounge into a clutter-free oasis, it is important to keep it that way. Take a few minutes each day to clear any clutter, and schedule larger clear-outs a few times a year to throw out any unwanted CDs, books or DVDs.